Thursday, December 07, 2006

Randomness of my day

Random #1: Why must he dig for gold?

As I was driving to work this morning, I turn to look out of my passenger side window so that I could change lanes....only to be distracted by a old man dig'n all up in his nose. Like aaaaaaaallllll up in it. It was so DISGUSTING! The trip thing about it was...the nose picker and I actually made eye contact, and he didn't even have the audacity to stop. I tell you about people these days. They don't give a flying f*ck who sees them. What is it with people in their cars and nose picking. The two seem to go hand in hand. I've witnessed this scene many a times as I'm driving down the street. Do people think that their car shields them from the rest of the world? Yes, you may be in the car by yourself, BUT your car is NOT as "private" as you may think. I mean... COME ON NOW PEOPLE!....the freak'n window is TRANSPARENT!!!

Random #2: Went in for one shot came out with three

As part of employee clearance for my position, my immunizations have to be up do date. So I schedule an appointment to have a TB skin test taken (since I recieved an e-mail notifying me that I needed the test done). They told me to bring in a copy of my immunization records as proof of previous vaccinations. Unfortunate for me, I only had a copy of the records that my father faxed me from Cali in 2004, which meant that I didn't have any proof that I had recently been vaccinated at UNC (which was one of the requirements for Public Health graduate program). Being that I was too lazy to go through the process of getting my records faxed over from UNC to Duke, I opted to go on ahead and get the additional vaccines done since I was already at the hostipal. SO, to make a long story short, instead of just having a TB skin test done, I left having recieved a shot for the TB skin test, a measle, mumps, rubella shot, a tetnus shot, and a really sore left arm.

Random #3: Surpriiiiiise!!!!! We're testing you for drugs!!!!

Yes, you read that right. As I was leaving the nurse's office with my sore arm, she directed me to the waiting area and told me to have a seat and wait for someone to call me in for my drug test............HUH?!? Drug test? What did she mean drug test? I didn't make an appointment for that. I made an appointent to get a TB skin test, not a drug test. It was bad enough...I had just walked out of the office with a murdered arm. So I sat in the waiting area trying to play it cool. I mean...I had nothin to worry about (nervously biting finger nails). After about 20 minutes, I get called in to the office. I quickly take the alcohol test which merely involved placing a plastic strip in my mouth and covering it with saliva. Then, the nurse began explaining the drug screening process. Ok, so at this point I start feeling moisture under my arms. Why am I so nervous? Like I said, I had nothin to worry about. Maybe the fact that this was a COMPLETE SURPRISE had something to do with it. The nurse handed me the "pee cup" and instructs me on how to fill it up. Problem was.....I didn't have to pee. Like most people, I used the restroom when I first woke up, and seeing as how this was only 8:30 in the morning, I had no more liquid to drain. So...I run over to the water fountain and begin downing water. 4 cups of H2O to be exact. I kept drinking until I felt an urge, at which time I filled the "pee cup", waited for my instant result, and walked out of the nurses office with my negative results in hand. Needless to say, I've been peeing all day.

Random # 4: Why does this always happen to ME?!?

I went to Target to buy laundry detergent and stopped over in the produce section. Some of you may know my story ofthe Cereal display in the Food Lion grocery store that came tumbling down when I tried to turn the corner with my cart. And though today's situation wasn't as dramatic, it seemed like everything I touched seemed to trigger neigboring objects to come tumbling down. What fell this time? Ohhhh....the tangerines, the bell peppers, the jalepeno papers, a couple pairs of shoes, and some doggie sweaters. Sigh...this always happens to me.

Random #5: Its feezing out here...

So why the hell do you have on shorts and have the nerve to wear a jacket?....like having that extra layer up top is gonna keep you warm now. Today I had on a knit top, slacks, closed toe shoes, and a long heavy wool coat in a effort to combat the chilly weather. It was so cold that i couldn't bare to have my hands outside of my pocket outta fear that they might fall off. So I'm talking to someone on the phone, complaining about the temperature, and here comes this dude in his shorts and jacket. I didnt even have any words. I just shook my head and kept on with my conversation. I'm sure the guy's mother wouldn't be to happy with him right now.

No comments: