Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mentally Exhausted

I love my job. I love what I'm doing. I love the people I'm working with. I've been fortunate to meet some pretty interesting folks. But this week has just been exhausting! So, I'm working on a clinical research study designed to examine the way in which physicians communicate preventive health messages to their patients in annual and chronic care visits, and this is the first week that we have been actually working out in the field. I've had quite a few interesting interactions with both physicians and patients, but I have to admit that having to deal with so many different people with varying personalities has been exhausting. I feel like my mind has been going 100 miles per hour, and by the time I get home I just wanna pass the f*ck out. But b/c I spend so much of my day going in and out of the clinic, I don't get the opportunity to call patients. Which then means that I have to put in a few work hours in the evening. Ahhhhh...I'm sooo tired right now. I just want to stay at home and do absolutely NOTHING for a while.

When I was younger I never understood why my mother would be so tired after she got off of work. I mean...she spent most of her day sitting down, how tiring could that be? But now I understand.....completely

Oh...and on top of the fact that I've been working like a mad woman, I haven't had the opportunity/energy to go grocery shopping or cook (real) meals. As such, my frig is looking quite bare. Which is pretty bad for me seeing as how I keep food in the house as if I have a family of four to feed. Due to the lack of available liquids (ie...bottled water, juice, punch, milk, ice tea...anything) I've been forced to drink smirnoff ice's for the past couple of days to quinch my thirst. Hey...its better than taquilla.

1 comment:

Saun said...

Adjusting to the working world takes some time. You don't really have the free time or flexibility but you start to create a new schedule after awhile. But you should definitely get to the store on a regular basis. Smirnoff ice is not a good substitute for water. Tasty but not really good for hydration.