Friday, January 26, 2007

Dear Daddy,

WOW! I'm at a loss for words. Nothing could have prepared me for those pictures. It's one thing to hear about the fire and the damage it caused to the house, it's another thing to see actual images of it.




I thank God that no one was seriously hurt. And as you said in your e-mail to me...material things can be replaced, but we must be thankful to Him that lives were spared. I still am in a state of shock about the entire incident. Why did this have to happen to us? Why did it have to happen now? The new year has just begun, and I was hoping for great things. But I was NOT expecting this. I wish there was something that I could do from here, but all I can do now is pray. When I first got the call at 8am, I knew the news couldn't be good. Why would anyone in my family call me at 5am (CA time) if not to deliver bad news. When Rae told me that our house caught on fire....I was in a state of disbelief. I said "WHAT!, what did you say?" as if I hadn't heard her clearly. She repeated, "Our house caught on fire". I sat there frozen with my mouth wide open. This is crazy. This must be some kind of joke I thought. But unfortunately, this was real. The fire was real. The heat was real. The destruction was real.

My first instinct was to want to come home, but I realized that given the situation, I would become more of a burden than help. I wanted to be there with you. I wanted you to know that I was willing to do any and everything you needed me to do to make the situation better. But my distance from home limits my physical capabilities. Daddy, please know that I am praying for our family. Praying that God will give us the strength to get through this troubling time. Praying that He will continue to bless us, and provide us with all that we need to move on with our lives. This situation is only temporary. This inconvenience is only temporary. Trust that we will get through this. I pray...
Your Loving Daughter,


2 comments:

suga said...

Awww, Iguehi, seeing the pics makes it even more wild. I can't believe this happened. I'm praying for you and your family.

One thing that helps me get through trying times is knowing that God has a way of removing people, places, and things from our lives to make space for something even better.

God bless!

A Well Destined Child said...

Thanks Nakia