Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Parents, Toilets & Gmail

Randomness

Parents need to parent

I was listening to the radio today, and they were talking about how cold it is, (low 30’s upper 20’s) and how there are some parents that allow their children to go to school without a jacket on. (Mind you, its cold as shyt out here!). A woman called in to the station saying that no matter what she does, no matter how many times she tries to tell her daughter to put on her coat, her daughter refuses to keep it on. So much so that it’s gotten to the point that she doesn’t even ask her daughter to put on her coat anymore. O.K….so here’s the kicker. She daughter is 4 years old! 4 freak’n years old!!! How does a mother let her 4-year-old child go outside into this bone chilling weather without a coat on. I don’t care how resistant a child is, a parent needs to parent. I’d be damn if my child tries to tell me NO, I’m not gonna (fill in the blank with whatever you want). It is NOT going down. I especially won’t be arguing with my 4-year-old child. But hey…that’s just me.

Automatic Toilet Flushers

I think these automatic flusher thingies are the best things ever invented. Nothing is worse than having to use some extra tissue to push down on the handle to flush the toilet. Or better yet, having to hike up your skirt so that you can use your foot to flush, because God forbid you actually touch that feces contaminated handle. Ewwwww. Anyway, so now they have all these sensor operated toilets that automatically flush when you’re done which is GREAT…until you have episodes when the toilet starts flushing before you’ve completed your business, and you begin to feel the nasty toilet water splashing up on you. Ewwwwww. Thats just Gross!...lol Oh, and how bout the times when the darn thing won’t flush. Now that’s the WORSE! You’re sitting there waving your hand in front of the little red sensor light, hoping that the silly thing will detect that you’re done and ready to leave the doggone stall. Am I the only person this happens to? I know it can’t be just me.

Gmail and Google talk

Are GRRRRRREAT! It’s been my saving grace all day. I was a little resistant about signing up for it at first, but I’ve really come to appreciate it. If you haven’t already started an account, you should prolly look into it. It might make your communication a bit easier.


2 comments:

Finding the Real OMG Moment said...

Okay so yes I can relate to the toilets and the gmail. I want to say that I work at a high school so the automatic toilets are a gem. The gmail thing is amazing because you can do so many things with gmail compared to the others.. yiipppee

Unknown said...

Umm, why is NC 10 years behind? These automatic flushers have been around for a minute. Maybe you need to come back to cali more often so you can check out the technology we have to offer AND you can tell your friends too!!
Btw...I love me some gmail as well. It gets me through the work day and we both know how much I love me job!